Eliminate Sub Floor Squeaks & Reduce Sound Transmission with CST Green Glue Joist Tape
Norton CST (Comfort and Silence Tape) is a uniform gasket joist tape that provides a unique noise control and thermal break solution to both residential and commercial construction.
It is a specially formulated closed cell foam adhesive tape with pressure sensitive adhesive on one side and a protective durable surface on the other side.
Noise Control NORTON CST™ Joist Tape virtually eliminates squeaks. It leaves a quieter and more comfortable floor due to it’s ability to dampen vibrations:
Impact sound transmission (IIC rating - Impact Insulation Classification) through floors is reduced up to 10 times! (ASTM E-989).
Airborne sound transmission (STC rating - Sound Transmission Class) through walls is reduced up to 20 times! (ASTM E-90).
NORTON CST™ V494 Joist Tape Features
- Uniform Gasket
Consistent thickness and width throughout
- Noise Reduction
Sound transmission noticeably reduced, squeaks/call-backs eliminated.
Squeaks caused by gaps are eliminated.
- Standard widths
Matches industry standards for joists and studs, no waste of material
Quick and clean application, no special skills required
- Smooth Top Surface
Subfloor slides easily into position
Good for life of building
Can be applied on-site or pre-applied off-site
- Flame Spread Classification 15 (Class I) ASTM E-84/UL723
- Smoke Developed Classification 10 (Class I) ASTM E-84/UL723
- Oxidation Resistance Passed (300 psi at 158°F during 96 h) *APA 126.96.36.199
- Air Permeability @ 30% compression 0 (impermeable) *NTP-122
- Thermal Conductivity (BTU (.in)/Sq. Ft. (hr.) F) .28 ASTM C-518
- Recommended Service Temperature -20°F to 160°F (-29°C to 71°C)
- Recommended Application Temperature 40°F to 125°F (4°C to 52°C)
- Max Impact Noise Reduction -10 dB @ 1250 Hz ASTM E-989
- Max Airborne Sound Reduction (through floors) -19 dB @125 Hz ASTM E-90
- Max Airborne Sound Reduction (through walls) -19 dB @ 500 Hz ASTM E-90